APPLICATIONS FOR THE SPRING 2018 LINIGER SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE FILL OUT THE CSUSA ON RAMweb TO BE CONSIDERED FOR FALL 2018.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2018 Liniger Scholarship is 11:59 PM. on Friday, January 5, 2018.
NEW APPLICANTS - Fill out the application and attach necessary documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RETURNING SCHOLARS - DO NOT fill out the application. Your continued receipt of the Liniger Scholarship is only dependent on whether:
- You remain in good standing with the university and
- You are at least a half-time, registered student for the Spring 2018 semester.
PREVIOUS SCHOLARS RETURNING TO CSU AFTER AN ABSENCE - It is your responsibility to notify us when re-enrolling to assure your scholarship is reinstated.
In order to be eligible. The recipient must:
- Be at least a half-time, registered student for the Spring 2018 semester;
- Be a veteran who has participated in combat operations demonstrated by:
- Campaign medal from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Kosovo;
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal;
- Air Force Expeditionary Medal with gold border;
- Vietnam Service Medal;
- Service Combat Medal;
- Combat Action Badge;
- Purple Heart; or
- A combination of evidence approved by the scholarship committee (certain recommendations, combat pay/IDP/HDP, etc.) that establishes combat operations involvement.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (*exceptions for special circumstances - see below);
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be able to provide one of the following;
- DD214 Member 4;
- Copy of current orders clearly identifying applicant and term of service; or
- A current DoD id card and documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant's military personnel file.
When insufficient funds exist to award the scholarship to all qualified applicants, preference is given in the following order:
- Returning scholars in good standing
- New qualified applicants who demonstrate need as determined by the scholarship committee;
- All remaining new qualified applicants.
1. Complete the application below.
2. Attach required documentation:
- Copy of DD-214 Member 4; or
- Copy of current orders clearly identifying applicant and term of service and documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant's military file; or
- A current DoD if card and documentation from the Awards and Decorations section of the applicant's military personnel file.
Awards are $2,500 per semester. If you are selected to receive this scholarship, you will be required to submit a thank you letter. Details to follow.
* If your GPA is below 2.5 but still want to be considered for the scholarship based on special circumstances, you may contact Marc Barker or Tim Weddington, at 970-491-3977, to discuss the matter privately.
** If you are not able to complete the application in one sitting, your progress will only be saved by the same browser and computer you used to start the application. Otherwise, you will be required to restart the application.